Thursday, February 15, 2007

Of socks...

I haven't had as much time to blog lately as I would have liked. Between numerous ultrasounds, doctor's appointments, and being extra incredibly tired, I have just a little time to knit and no time to blog. The real hurdle for me, I find, is getting my act together to take some photos of the things that I am working on and a blog post without photos is, in my humble opinion, just boring. So, this morning, I comitted to taking some photos of the socks that I have been working on. Proof that I have actually been working through the sock yarn that I have stockpiled over the last year. On the right there is a skien of pinkish/purple sock yarn. This is my absolute favorite color of Colinette Jitterbug. I must love it as I bought 2 skeins at Make 1 on two seperate occasions by accident. On the far left, is a pink/green striped sock. This is being constructed out of a stretch yarn that I just love. It's the Cascade Fixation yarn that was used to make the Broadripple socks in the summer '03 issue of Knitty. Words can not express my love for this yarn. In the middle, is a sock that I am working on for my mom for her birthday. She choose the yarn (Trekking XXL self patterning) and I am knitting them up for her. I sure hope she likes them. I have actually never used Trekking before (can you believe it?) and I must admit that despite the slight scratchiness of the yarn, I love watching the patterns play out. Everytime I whip these out and KIP, I get comments on how clever I am for making the patterns. Sometimes I explain that its just the yarn. On the right is a pair of socks that I am making for Bunny. She needs some warmer socks for skating as her little feet get so cold that it makes skating even more challenging than it already is. I'm using some Drops Alpaca for this and doubling it (hence the two balls shown in the picture). This is some of the softest yarn I have ever worked with. Softer even than Malabrigo (shhh... don't tell any of the die hard Malabrigo fans out there... ) and its 100% alpaca. I lurve it. As soon as I am done with the socks, I plan to use the rest to make her some mittens for skating. She is becoming quite the little skater. Wanna see? Of course you do. Cute huh?
(Click on the photo to make it bigger).

No comments: