Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I wish I had 3 hands...

So, in keeping with my new committment to posting, I thought I would put up some of the new yarns that I can't wait to work with (and as of yet, have no project set for them).

I think my favorite yarns are sock yarns... hands down! I love the vibrant colorways and I love knitting socks because they always seem to be so easy and come out so nicely. And, above all, I love that the sizing seems to be more of a non issue. I don't know why, it just does. I think that I am going to make my daughter (she's 3) some socks out of this yarn:

It started out as regular cream colored Regia stretch yarn and I decided that was too boring, so after some experiments with the Koolaid dying process, here is the new and decidedly un-boring stretch in a color way I have decided to call "sugar kitten". I love the names that yarn designers give their yarns on eBay so I thought I would give my yarn something as equally flamboyant.





I also finally got my hands on some Lorna's Laces sock yarn since I have heard that it is the creme de la creme of sock yarns. I bought 2 skiens each of camoflauge and pinstripe. I do have to say that it is super-duper soft and snuggly. I am fairly sure that I will be making some toe-up, knee high socks with it. I just wish I had more time and more hands to work on these future projects...

No comments: