Saturday, July 08, 2006

Am I out of control?


I think that this hobby of mine is getting out of hand a little maybe. Yesterday, I had a spinning lesson at Legacy Studio from the lady who sold me my wheel. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't overspinning my singles, which she assured me I wasn't. So, on my way there, I stopped at this cute little yarn shop and bought some Lorna's Laces in a very pretty pink color. Truthfully, I couldn't help it. I took one look at them and knew that they wanted to be Baudelaire. So really, what is a girl to do? And, because they had so many skeins of Koigu, I just knew that I needed to take a couple home. I couldn't, in good conscience, leave them with that many skeins of Koigu, now could I? So, I did the right thing and took some with me. i promise to give them a good home.

Here's where it gets kinda hinky. I really meant to go out to my lesson and buy some more roving to practice on, but I ended up coming home with a set of Ashford hand cards, some Polworth roving (oh so soft - I can sure tell the difference between this and Corridale), some Corridale, and some Flicker which is a nylon roving that is dyed a number of beautiful colors. I really should be working on my homework for my design class, packing, and using up the fiber that I already have, but I just can't seem to help myself. The flicker was just too sparkly and I weakly justified it by saying to myself that I would spin it and make Bunny a hat and some mitty's for her b-day.

I also got some thread to ply with and I was pleasntly surprised at how lovely the yarn was that I created with the polworth & flicker carded together and plied with the white thread. It made a very pretty, lofty thick and thin yarn. We went last night and bought a DVD player for the Van, so when we drive to Edmonton this weekend, I am fairly confident that I will be able to knit the yarn while she watches a DVD in the backseat. Three hours of knitting there (I will work on my homework for design class) and three hours back. Plenty of time to get everything done right?

Well, we have our first b-day for Bunny to go to. She is super excited. It's for one of her friends from daycare that she adores. Princess theme and all that jazz. Little girls are so much fun...

Oh, and I did pack 2 boxes this morning while I was waiting for the coffee to brew. I think that this week in the evenings hubby and I will need to get through the basement junk. I have a goal.

No comments: