Wednesday, November 01, 2006

NaNoWriMo

Ok, so I have signed up to join NaNoWriMo. What the heck is that? Well, when I break it down into its non-acronym stage, its National Novel Writing Month. See the counter at the right hand side of the blog? That should show how many words I have written over the course of the month. The goal, of course, being 50, 000 words. Lots hey. I worked it out - that's 1666.66 words per day, every day. Big challenge, but I have to say, I think it's worth it. I have always wanted to write a novel and now I am doing it. In a month. Heh. I started this morning and have completed 401 words in the space of a half hour. I think this is something I could actually complete and stick with to completion. Of course, that's what I thought about going to the gym too.

So begins the journey. And so begins the writing process. I am happy to say that I think that I have a fairly good idea to work with and am excited to see where the story will go from here. They say, write about what you know. I think I will.

No comments: