Thursday, June 21, 2007

Not a Finished Object In Sight

...and no pictures today either. Why? Simply because I am sick. Summer colds are the worst aren't they? Add 6 pounds of baby, a house that is hotter than sin, a grumpy almost five year old (who is also sort of sick in the way that kids get) and you get one cranky, unproductive, me.

Remember that I said that the needles would be flying this week? To me, it doesn't feel like I have gotten much done, but when I sat down and thought about it, I must admit, I have more done than I thought I did. I finished my first Monkey sock for my Sockapalooza4 pal and I really am happy with the way that it turned out. I did make some modifications (specifically to the heel), but you will have to wait until they are both done for a photo. I then cast on for the Denim Pants in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. These are a relatively slow knit for a baby item. I blame the endless rows of stockinette stitch. The yarn (Rowan Denim) is also turning my hands blue. I will have to remember to wash these alone with some vinegar so the dye sets. And, this morning, I cast on for the Entrelac Baby Blanket that I have been dreaming of for a few months now. My yarn came in Tuesday night and although I only have a row and a half done, I am in love already.

Otherwise, in baby news, I have dropped considerably and am thinking that this baby will most likely make an early appearance. Bunny was 10 days overdue when I was induced with her, but I have a feeling her brother or sister will not follow in her footsteps. This of course presents a problem logistically as the baby's room is no where near ready. It still needs to be painted and the crib needs to be put together. Also, we have no mobile, no decorations, and no dresser. If the baby was born today, it would have to sleep in a drawer. Husband has promised to paint today, so hopefully by the weekend, it will look a little less like a spare room and more like a nursery.

For now though, I am just waiting and knitting...

No comments: