Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Little Knits

Well, baby watch 2007 continues with no sign of the littlest little making its way into the World. As I am typing this, Husband is sanding the change table and he swears that it will be finished by the end of tonight. I sure hope so. I would really like to get the baby clothes out of the crib and into their proper place.

I seem to have caught a horrible case of start-itis and have cast on for a zillion projects in the last little while. I worked almost non-stop on the drop stitch socks that I was designing, but things haven't quite worked out the way I thought they might, so I have put them in time out for the time being. I have also cast on for two little projects that I thought might help me pass the time and not be too thought intensive as the temperature (and my tummy) continues to rise.



I absolutely love these little booties and am hoping that they will actually fit since I accidently used a size 00 instead of the size 0 needle called for in the pattern. Hopefully it won't be too long before I get to find out.
**Please excuse the terrible picture. I wanted to get a blog post off just incase I wasn't able to later and the sun wouldn't cooperate.





I also cast on for the Cotton Hat in Last Minute Knitted Gifts using Mission Falls 1824 Cotton and I am really enjoying this knit. I like how the yarn is somewhat slubby looking as it adds a needed texture to the hat. I am opting not to add the I-cord as I want to make this hat as unisex as possible.




I wish I had more to show, but really, between hair cuts, pictures, and naps, there has not been a lot of knitting progress. I imagine that soon all knitting will cease as extreme fatigue sets in once again. I guess I had better get my butt in gear then, hadnt I?

2 comments:

Bellflower said...

Oh yeah, I meant to steal those cuties before I left on Tuesday...
Yur socks are now on my blog.

karen said...

Thinking come on babay thoughts for ya!

:)