Monday, September 17, 2007

Goodbye Old Friends

Well, the cats were delivered to their new home on Saturday night. I have been assured by TG that they have been delievered into a very nice home with very nice people. Still I am sad. I had a bit of a minor meltdown on Saturday night as TG was carting them away and have not been able to bring myself to phone the nice people who have taken them and see how they are all getting along. I really do miss them and it's so hard not to have them here with me, snuggling in bed and purring away.

Anyway, despite all the sad, I have managed to get my Monkey socks done. I love the way that they turned out.


Trish's Ravelry Pictures - September 16, 2007 031

Pattern: Monkey Socks by Cookie A.
Yarn: Socks That Rock - Walkin on the Wild Tide
Needle: 2.75mm (US 2)
Modifications: I made the leg a little shorter by doing one less repeat of the pattern and since the yarn has no nylon in it, I substituted a slipstich heel for the short row one which will hopefully make for longer wearing socks. Next on the sock needles - a plain cuff down sock knit in Cherry Tree Hill Merino in the Quarry Hill colorway. These will be my demo socks for the sock class I am teaching at Make 1 starting Sept 24.

2 comments:

Knitting Bandit said...

Love your Monkeys in that colorway. I did a slip stitch heel in mine and it worked great. I think it blends well with the pattern too.

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Gorgeous monkeys! I love the colour. Sorry to hear about your cats,that's a tough one but what other choice do you have? I'm glad they've found a nice home.