Saturday, June 17, 2006

I am a Yarn Swapper!!!

I officially got my yarn out to my secret pal (who loved it!) and even though I had to give up some of the yummiest yarn that I have ever seen, I felt so good when I saw that my yarn pal had opened it and loved it! I have some more that I am sending out to her in the meantime, but I am so happy that she loved what I sent her.


Oh and I also got my yarn in the mail! What a total score. I am so pleased with everything! I got 2 skeins of a yarn that I have never even seen before and it is totally fantastic!! There is enough here to make a pair of socks and so I think that once I have perfected the toe up technique, I will make some using this super fantastic yarn. The yarn is absolutely gorgeous in a blue/green colorway called Caribbean Blue. I also got some amazing stitch markers and let me tell you, it irks me to no end to know that we have no battery for the camera right now (it was left at a friends cabin by that guy I live with) and as a result, no picture. I also got what I am fairly sure is a needle holder. Its a small wooden tube with leaves and the like painted on it. I can hardly wait to see what next month will bring!!

And, as if that wasn't enough, my spinning fiber that I ordered online came yesterday as well. I ordered some of the softest top merino in a blue/green colorway called "Under the Sea" and 4oz of pure silk in the same colorway. So shiny. Truthfully, I am not ready to be spinning with this yet, but, I intend to take some of the yarn that I have already spun out to the lady that I bought my wheel from and have her correct some of the errors that I have made. I also intend to buy some more cheap practice yarn and a set of combs at the same time. Soon I will be ready to spin this yarn. I just know it!

And, on the homefront, packing is a total nightmare. If its possible, I actually hate it more!! I am currently at 15 packed boxes (after packing for a whole freaking week!) and the kitchen is in a state of chaos that makes me want to crawl out of my skin every time I go in there. We are putting all of the garage sale stuff in the kitchen until I get my office cleaned out and we can stack it in there. Husband has been a total help... he has packed one box and is currently shredding all the extra stuff in his filing cabinet. Oh ya, some serious help there I tell ya! Still no movers hired yet, but he assures me that he has moved more times than I could ever count and he knows what he is doing. I will keep the updates coming.

Other than that, some misc housekeeping things going on in the house. Got the cats shaved. Romeo looks like one of those freakin hairless cats (or possible a bobblehead of his former self) as his fur was the same color as skin. Pretty freakin gross. Skinny cat with a big head. And, surprisingly, Indica is pretty svelte for a cat. Who knew? Not me. Seriously. Otherwise, all calm around here. packing, packing and more packing. What could be more fun??

1 comment:

Becka said...

I'm enjoying the yarn swapping, too...isn't it just a blast?! Looks like you got some very yummy goodies!!
Good luck with your packing!
LOL, my daughter has her persian cat shaved, too...she sheds too much...she looks rather odd when you 1st see her..then, after u get used to seeing her shaved, she looks odd with hair!!