Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I have a new Love

The Lucky Lace Wrap from SnB Nation. Remember the great book that I gushed and gushed over in that it included the schematics for designing anything (I Heart algebra)? Well, I want to make this next from the book since I think that it would make a nice cardigan for wearing to work. I just need to figure out what yarn to use since it calls for a fingering weight yarn (I think).

I also finished my One Skein Wonder and its currently blocking on the floor of my laundry room. I must confess to wearing it for a while before I blocked it, but I couldn't stop myself. The yarn is so dang cushy and soft!! MMMM Misti Alpaca (total yum!). I made it in a very natural color so that I will be able to wear it with almost everything. Now I want to make one in white and one in black. Oh heck, I want to make it in every color of the rainbow. Its such a fast knit and so easy. And, since it requires so little, you can make it in such yummy yarn that I normally wouldn't buy for larger projects.

I have also started packing. I hate packing. No, I abhor packing. I will be happy when its all done and all of the work is done and we have moved. It seems all at once like an eternity and no time at all. I have also been having crazy dreams that there are horrible things wrong with the house and we have moved in and find them. Things like a family of snakes living in the basement and the walls falling down around us while we run away in fear. Maybe the dreams will ward off any actual bad things from happening. Maybe. I will still be nervous until sometime after we are settled in. I worry. Its what I do.

1 comment:

Becka said...

Sorry about the bad dreams...especially the snakey ones..YUCK!
Love the cardi, can't wait to see yours!
Kudos on your cool gift from your yarn swap buddy! I have a mental picture of the "happy dance."
becka