Thursday, August 03, 2006

Design Disaster Averted

All thanks to Amy. Seriously. I am sad to be done though. I will really miss the design class. On the flip side though, I am somewhat close to being done and I learned a lot over the last six (yes, six -- although it really feels like three) weeks. I learned the right way tonight to pick up stitches and even more importantly, I learned that it really is important to pick up the right ammount the first time. Rather than pick up the wrong ammount, fudge it, and end up with a huge, glaring error. So, the sweater (yes. Its a sweater) is coming along well... now. I can't wait to be done and post some pics!!

And, because I was so upset at all the frogging that I had to do tonight, I bought some sock yarn. Yarn therapy. Actually, I bought some sock yarn and Mo bought some sock yarn. Nice hey? Good friends are hard to find and I am super lucky to have so many.

Wanna see my new sock yarn?
It makes me happy just looking at it. Yarn therapy indeed. There are two skeins of Lorna's Laces sock yarn in Hawaii and two in River. I am so smitten with these colors. See all the purple? Yeah, I used to have a problem with purple -- it just doesn't seem very much like a grown up color, but since everyone says that it is very much a grown up color, I think that I am becoming ok with it. It looks grown up, right? Right? Oh, and check out the new stitch markers that I got... They are way cool.


And, I finally got the movie that I had ordered a month ago! I know most of you have no idea what the heck this movie is, but I Lurve it. I watched this movie so many times as a kid and I used to be able to sing all of the songs (yes, it has songs). But its just such a wholesome kids movie and it has such a great story line, that if the Bunny doesn't love it, I think I really will be sad. I can't wait to show it to her tomorrow night. I am going to pop some popcorn, pick up my knitting and finish my tunic while I show her one of the greatest kids movies on Earth. I can't wait! Having kids is so great!

No comments: