Friday, September 22, 2006

TGIF baby!

Remember when I said that I love work. Well, I changed my mind. This week has gone by so slowly and I am thinking that a day or two off might be just the thing I need. I have so many knit projects on the go right now that I need a good block of time to work on them without any interruptions or distractions. I still have to finish my design project fer cryin out loud. And, I have the Calla tank on the needles that I started at the beginning of the summer. So many projects, so little time. I really need to force myself to finish the projects that are hogging all my Denise cords, dpn's, and stitch markers before I start something else. I really have had the best of intentions, but then I went and started some more Fetchings because... well, just because, really. Aren't they purdy though? Who doesn't love Fetching? I am making them out of Misti Baby Alpaca which is so super soft, but surprisingly, not as soft when knit up as the Malabrigo that I was using before. I really was surprised at this because un-knit, I found the Misti to be much softer and smooshier. Really, I have to admit that I was not as enamored with the Malabrigo knit up as the rest of the world seems to be. I know, I shall now be shunned forever by the rest of the knitting community. Hell hath no fury like a yarn lover scorned. Heh. What do you think of the sock yarn in the picture? I think that I must be a bonafied sock yarn collector now. I have never felt the need to collect anything in my life before this, but I covet sock yarn. Like nobody's business. I delight in the endless color combination possibilities and the way that a skein of sock yarn can look completely different wound in a hank to knit up on needles. I just dig sock yarn. And that's all I have to say about that.


Ok, so, no blog post would be complete without mention of the remodeling that we are forever undertaking in our house. Let's see. We have drywall. At least, a little. Half of the wall has been drywalled and is awaiting taping and mudding. Its getting close and I am starting to get excited. Let's call it cautious optimism at this point m'kay? ,I also have 2 new pictures hung in the family room that I picked up yesterday and new tracklights up in there too. Seriously, yesterday while I went grocery shopping, hubby put up track lights. All. By. Himself. Yup. I have a handy guy living in my house and until last month, I never even knew. Sometimes people surprise you in ways you would have never even dreampt of. Cool beans.

Otherwise, lots of little things happening. Not much to talk about though. I have dropped one stitch on Clapotis. Not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. Very cool though. I am hoping the Curious Creek yarn I am using will allow for the dropped stitches to unravel easily because at this point, they are not seeming to. They seem a little sticky and may require some finessing. Hopefully it wont present too much of a problem. Otherwise, I have been spinning up a storm. I bought some new fiber at Make One and will hopefully have some pictures to post later today. No promises though. There is just too much going on to make any definite timeline promises about blogging. If only there were 26 hours in a day...

No comments: