Friday, October 13, 2006

And All the Good Things


You know you have become officially obsessed (is it even possible to become officially obsessed? Maybe we need to have a ceremony or something) when you get almost pant-wetting excited at the thought of going to a... wait for it... Knitting Retreat!! Yeah, I said it. A knitting retreat. But wait, before anyone thinks that I have gone off the deep end, check out the details. This is what the gals at Make One Yarn Studio have posted on their website about the trip:


November 10 - 12 at Emerald Lake Lodge in Field, BC. Authors Amy R. Singer and Jillian Moreno will join for the weekend to teach fit, flattery, and alterations. At the end of the weekend, you’ll have one fully customized pattern based on your body shape and measurements. You’ll also receive one-on-one consulations on any commerically available pattern, and a set of your own measurements. But, it’s not all about fit and flattery! We’ll also party it up, make one style, with fashion shows, games and great prizes all weekend long. Emerald Lake Lodge is known for five star accomodations, dining, wine, and priceless views. The lake is yours that weekend. Knit in front of your own fireplace, enjoy a glass of wine on your balcony, or join others. The all-inclusive price includes all food, drink, accomodation, and round-trip transporation from Calgary, plus every activity and class all weekend long.


How cool does that sound? I know, to non-knitters, it may seem a bit pricey to spend a weekend away with a set of pointy, inanimate objects and a bunch of string, but to me, its a weekend with a bunch of people who share the same obsessions as me. Good food, good conversation, and pointy inanimate objects and a who truck load of string. I can't wait!



And, I have more good news, I finished Clapotis! It took a little while, but I have to say that I enjoyed knitting this pattern more than any other that I have knit so far. And, I am happy to say that it took only 3 balls of the Curious Creek Oban. Side Note:You have no idea how long it took me to upload this picture though. I have been having some issues with Blogger over the last little while and the uploading of pictures is a major bone of contention. I think I have found a solution though; upload pictures through Flickr.
Regarding the the Clapotis though, it came off the needles last night and all that is left is to make sure the stitches drop the rest of the way down. The Oban is a little fuzzy and seems to not want to drop more than a few stitches on its own. I can't wait to block it and wear it. Its supposed to get very cold here and possibly snow over the next few days, so I am planning to have it blocked and ready for monday.


As well, I got a new knitting bag. My fave knitting store got a new shipment of these wonderful bags in over the last month and of course, I just had to have one. I love that it is professional enough to carry to work. Cute hey? And yes, what post would be complete without a mention of The Wall. So, here is the bag in all her splendor featured in the great Thibodeau wall project of 2006. Gotta love it.

And, I was all ready to publish this blog entry, when I decided to take a quick break and go get the mail. Lo and behold, my first SP9 package had already arrived!!! I know! How the heck did my SP9 pal already get this fabulous stuff in the mail to me? Alpaca fibre no less and organic dark chocolate. How could my pal know that I don't really have a sweet tooth, but if anything, I would never turn down a piece of dark chocolate. Yummy. And, for Bunny, some stuff that turns bath water pink. How cool is that?? She will be thrilled and since MIL is coming tonight, this will make bath time even more special. Thank you thank you thank you secret pal. How you have already gotten this out, is beyond me! You are one speedy lady. I guess this means I need to get my butt in gear and send something out to my secret pal. I know what I will be doing this weekend. Shopping!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thoght you'd be getting that package soon. good luck at your knitting retreat! I want to see some yarn coming out of that fleece real soon. Maybe I'll send you some suri after that eh?