Thursday, January 18, 2007

A brief glimpse of my office.

One of the things that I love to do in my spare time is surf assorted knit blogs. I took the day off work today because I caught Bunny's cold at the beginning of the week and its currently kicking my ass and totally aggrivating my nausea. Blah. So, I stayed in bed all morning and this afternoon, I have been surfing blogs and it looks like I am certainly in good company. Every second blog I find tells me that someone is sick in bed for the day. The kleenex companies must just clean up in January and February.

Guess what else I did today? I got a spurt of energy for about 10 minutes and it led me to reorganize my knitting stash. This is what I accomplished in 10 minutes. Not too shabby eh? The top left box has all of my scarf/shawl yarn and anything that has wool content. I realized once I started to reorganize that I have two kinds of Lion & Lamb (in Georgetown and Black Purl) and enough Handmaiden yarn in a luscious green color to make Clapotis. I want to make a number of Clapotis because they are such a great pattern; easy and fun to knit. I also have a darker green yarn from Knit Picks which is destined to become the Backyard Leaves scarf from the Scarf Style book. On the bottom left is all of my cotton yarns. I have enough of the Rowan 4-ply cotton in the greyish color to make the Lucky Clover Wrap from S&B Nation. On the bottom right is all the fiber that I have collected over the past six months or so. There is a mix of merino, silk, alpaca and various other blends there too. On the top right is all the sock yarn that I have bought in the last year. There is a good ammount of Art Yarns, Sweet Georgia, and Lorna's Laces. And then a bunch of various skeins that I have picked up off the internet and gotten in the swaps that I have participated in. Is it horribly obvious that I have a weakness for handpainted sock yarn?



Of course, my small ammount of energy could not sustain me long enough to tackle this mess. This is the other corner of the office that I share with Hubby. Pretty nasty huh? In the various boxes are my knitting books and magazines, as well as all my texts that I have from University. In the tupperwear bins is fabric that I bought when I was sewing that I am still holding onto for no particular reason. And in the white tupperwear bins and in assorted baskets on the floor are my odds and ends of yarn that I don't have room for anywhere else. I need to get a shelf and a system for organizing this stuff. Anyone want to come do this for me? Anyone? Didn't think so. Oh well, one of these days, maybe the nesting instinct will kick in and I will get it all organized in one afternoon. That could happen right?

No comments: