Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm Baaaaack!!!

I am finally feeling better. This has sure been a marathon. Making babies is hard work. I am happy to report that I have started knitting again. Thanks to the retreat at Make 1, I have a ton of Misti Cotton in color 6314. Enough for a whole sweater actually. Since I don't see the point of making a whole sweater at this point (since I will be getting bigger and bigger), I thought that this yarn would be the perfect softness and shade for a baby blanket. I am making one out of a book that I picked up a while ago: 100 More Afghan Squares to Knit. I love this book. The afghans are not at all "granny-ish" and there are so many patterns to try with tons of different themes. I really like that each square has its own picture because I can never seem to be able to visualize what a pattern will look like when knit up.

I also have to send out a very belated and very huge Thank You to my SP9 pal. She sent me a lovely package with some more spinning fiber in the most amazing purple, green, and teal colors. Its a nice mix of merino/silk and I think it would spin up at a dk weight and be perfect for a lacy scarf. I can't wait until I am feeling well enough to start spinning again. She also sent me some tea (cocoa spice!) and some more bath dye for Bunny. What a great pal I have. The coolest part? It was hand delivered! The doorbell rang and there was the package on the step. I wish I would have been feeling well enough for a visit, but I just wasn't up to it, so I missed out. I was so bummed. I would post some pictures of the swag, but I have used the tea already and the bath stuff was much enjoyed by Bunny too.

Now that I am on the mend, look forward to more pictures from me this coming week. I will be blogging regularly again soon.

No comments: