Monday, April 02, 2007

Socks that Rock...

I have been dying to start the Chevron scarf that everyone seems to be doing right now using 2 skeins of Socks that Rock, and since we happened to be in Edmonton this weekend, and since River City Yarns happens to be the only store in Western Canada that stocks STR, I just had to get some. I wasn't sure what gauge people were knitting the scarf in, so I picked up two skeins of lightweight in Chapman Springs and Garnet Dreams.

When I got back home, I was able to do some searching on what people are using for color combos and realized that if there is not enough contrast between the yarns, they tend to pool funny and look muddy. I am hoping that there is enough difference between these two colorways so that this doesn't happen. What do you think? Feel free to let me know.

Trish's Blog Pictures - April 2, 2007 001


Of course, I also had to buy something for myself. So, I got myself a skein of Watermelon Tourmaline in the Medium Weight. I have no idea what pattern I will use this with, but I'm sure that if I stare at it long enough, inspiration will come to me.


Trish's Blog Pictures - April 2, 2007 009

I also started on the Jaywalkers using this yarn from HLMiller. They look great and I would like to show you a photo, but they are in my purse at the moment and I am too lazy to go and photograph them. I will take some pics this week and get them up for your viewing pleasure as soon as possible.

Otherwise, going back to work was as crappy as I thought it would be. I still really like my job, but the joy that I posted about a while ago has gone out of it. I am tired beyond belief. I think that this pregnancy is getting the best of me and I am worried that I won't be able to get back on my feet as quickly as I would like to once the baby arrives. I am thinking of suggesting to my boss that I maybe only work part time from May onwards. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

5 comments:

granolagirl said...

Oooh pretty. I will live the chevron scarf through you as alas I have no socks that rock.

Baby is more important than work, listen to your body, rest.

Sue H said...

Those STR yarns look divine. I haven't found a source for therm here yet, also I have no idea which chevron scarf "everyone" seems to be doing, so can you enlighten me please.

Bellflower said...

Socks that rock. I am jealous. Sadly my socks do not rock. (But Stewie does!)

Bellflower said...

Hey! We missed you last night, hope everything is okay.

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

Those STR yarns would look great together, I think there is plenty of contrast between them and they would make a great chevron scarf.