Monday, May 22, 2006

If at first you don't succeed...

Frog and Frog again! I am still working on the Calla tank. So far, I have frogged it twice already. I truly hope that the third time really is a charm. I am knitting it in the round right now. I figured if I have to do it all over again, I might as well do it as one piece and hopefully shave off some time. I have also not been able to get to it this weekend as I was outside doing yard work all weekend. I am happy to say that all my hard work has paid off. The flower beds and vegetable boxes have all been weeded and are chock full of seeds just waiting to sprout. As I always do this time of year, I will now walk by them daily on the way to my car and wait for little green shoots. I will water diligently and weed daily. And, in a few short months, I will hate the garden and I will water less and less and I will only harvest half of what I plant. I don't know why, but for some reason, I hate picking the dang veggies. And I especially dislike washing them once they come out of the garden. I really don't mind that my husband has never done any of the gardening every year either, but it sure would be nice if he did the work at the end when it came time to pick and wash. I would even mow the lawn all the time without complaining. (I do it now, I just complain a lot).

I am also at a cross roads with my knitting. I finished my one skein wonder a week or so ago and while I love it, I still want to make one out of a cotton or maybe a more defined yarn. I love my OSK, but would like a summer-y version as well. Pure alpaca (I used Misti Alpaca) isn't really so summer-y. Once I finish Calla (and I will dang it!), I don't know what to make. I would like to make something for the Bean, but what? She will be turning 4, so maybe a little jumper dress or a cute sweater for once it turns colder. I just don't know. See, cross roads. maybe it will come to me soon.

No comments: