Friday, May 26, 2006

Yesterday I had an epiphany!


No. Really. I was at an all day meeting in Edmonton yesterday and on my way home realized that I had a gift card for Chapters from the organization that I work for that I got as a thank you for special project work I did in January and February. So, thinking that I would buy a few knitting books with my free cash (something I would never do with my own money -- books are way too expensive, magazines cost so much less), I went in and spent an hour perusing the books that they had there. Mmmm... green tea frappaccino and knitting books; could there be any better way to spend an hour? Guess what I came out with?? Stitch and Bitch Nation and Special Knits: 22 Gorgeous Handknits For Babies and Toddlers.

So, why you ask, did I have an epiphany? Let me tell you, I didn't realize what a treasure I had until I got to Red Deer and stopped to have dinner. I sat down, ordered a salad and flipped open the SNB Nation and about fell out of my chair!! The first chapter describes in detail how to dissect, examine, and re-work almost every pattern out there. Booyah!! Why did no one tell me about this before?? Or, if they did, why didn't I listen?? So, now, I have had exciting visions of sitting down and creating the perfect fitted garment to flatter my figure and make me look exactly like a super model (well maybe that's a bit far fetched, but you get the idea). I even have a design idea in mind, and will be spending the day searching for the perfect yarn to make my dreams a reality. I am thinking something totally yum in a dk or lighter weight. And, it must be pink. Dark pink in fact. Oh, totally yum.

Oh, and I know that there has been a serious lack of knitting progression pictures posted lately. To explain; I have been uber busy with work and super tired when I get home at night. I also have started working out at lunch and have been unable to knit then too. And, I had to frog Calla (yet a-freakin-gain) and so, I am back on square one with her. And I promised myself that I would try not to do anything else until she was off my needles and on my body. Bah. I *hate* this tank now and if I hadn't (in my infinite wisdom) suggested that I do a KAL with the project, I would have thrown her on the floor, stomped on her and used the beautiful yarn to make something far less evil. So, no pictures of FO's, WIP's or anything else for the time being. Bah. And, given the way that this tank is going so far, me thinks that there will not be any progress pics for a good long while. Although, I can offer one small thing in the meantime, I have been spinning away and have a few skeins which I will take pics of and post once they have been wound and blocked. I may even knit a gauge swatch of each hank this weekend and post those too if I get some extra energy.

No comments: