Friday, March 02, 2007

Off the Needles

Well, I have hit the mid point pregnancy wise. I am now 20 weeks and happy that this is half way over. I know the next 20 weeks won't fly by or anything, but I can't wait to get on with the best part of being pregnant - actually having the baby.
Oh, and I think I am nesting - except, I think that it's a weird form of nesting in that all I want to do is finish older knitting projects. For instance, I started this sweater for Bunny back in November and I am just now getting around to finishing it off. I am a bit ashamed to admit that for some reason, although the pattern so clearly calls for intarsia, I was fair-isling. I don't really know what I was thinking, but after being frustrated that the flower motifs were too tight, I ripped it back and finally realized my mistake. Derp! As well, this is my first intarsia project and since I had to teach myself this technique, I am not sure it turned out as well as it could have. Please don't be too critical. I am not so sure that I like the fiddly nature of intarsia either. Perhaps with some practice and a whole lot more patience, it could have turned out a little better. I have a ton of ends to weave in still. I am pretty sure that there shouldn't have been so many ends to weave, but whatever, I still like it. I still have the sleeves to complete, but I am sure that Bunny will like it no matter what too.

Trish's Blog Pictures - Mar 02, 2007 004Trish's Blog Pictures - Mar 02, 2007 006



I have also been working hard on this entrelac scarf. What with Eunny Jang's pattern for entrelac socks in the new Spring Intreweave Knits, entrelac seems to be all the rage. I found the pattern for this scarf and fell in love. I am thinking that I need to use up the leftovers from Bunny's sweater and make a baby blanket using this technique too. I used four skeins of Noro Silk Garden in colorway 221. I had never used Noro before as I find it very scratchy, even with the silk in it, however, I have spoken with lots of people who have said that it softens up quite a bit once it is washed. I will be sure to let you know once I have washed it.
Trish's Blog Pictures - Mar 02, 2007 011


Finally, I am almost done this pair of socks too. I am trying so hard to get all my socks finished and off the needles as there is a skein of Socks that Rock on its way to me right now and I want to be able to cast on for the corresponding pattern as soon as it gets here. I can't believe that I got the STR club membership for my birthday from Husband this year. What a great guy he is!


Trish's Blog Pictures - Mar 02, 2007 017


Otherwise, I think I have very few projects still left on the needles that need finishing. I have the tail end (or I guess I should say the top end) of a pair of toe up socks that I am making for my mom on the needles right now that need finishing and that's pretty much it. I placed an order at Knitpicks yesterday and included is a pair of needles to work on a lace scarf which will be a gift so I don't want to post too many details about it, as well as Last Minute Knitted Gifts which has a pattern for a chevron scarf that I am dying to try next. As soon as that shows up, I will cast on for it and post some pictures.
I guess that's it for now. I am hoping that we will get the room that is intended to be the nursery painted this weekend. As soon as it's done, I will post some pics.

No comments: